It’s been a while since I painted a dwarf, so I’m glad to have the chance to paint this cool figure. At first I thought it was a simple mini. The assembly was actually quite a challenge. Both arms needed to be pinned. They are both relatively heavy arms, and the glue just didn’t seem to want to set with the arms in the right position in spite of the pinning. I use quick setting epoxy, but it seems to stay soft for a few hours, even if it is mostly set after 10 minutes or so. The sword on his pack seemed to have been cut off in the casting process. I sculpted a new one with greenstuff. He did not sit easily on his new temple courtyard base. I used greenstuff for the texture of the base, and it was not stiff enough to hold up the figure. I used milliput to fill the base from underneath, and pinned his feet through into that. He was much more stable as a result. I used brush-on black primer for the first coat, and then gave him a quick zenithal style priming with white spray primer afterwards. He is going to have fair skin, red hair, ancient bronze looking metal equipment and dark blue clothing, as per the customer’s request.
Made lots of progress on this fellow. Some clean up might still be needed on the blue and on the leather bits, but he’s pretty much ready to be given a hard-coat finish and sent to the table top to meet his fate, I mean… find his destiny!